MEC is a funding partner of the
Baydogs Mentoring Program
Welcome to the 2017 Mentoring Program!
Our Mentoring Program for club members is back for 2017. Our 4th year for the program!
Mentoring is an opportunity get guidance and support from experienced triathletes. Mentors are not coaches but rather a guide on the side that you can use as a sounding board, for motivation or accountability, ask lots of questions or whatever parameters you and your mentoring partner agree to.
Again this year we are offering both 1:1 mentoring and group mentoring. For each group, we will have 2 mentors with a maximum of 6 mentees.
The groups are split into 2 levels and each group is focused on a particular race and distance so that everyone in the group shares a common goal.
The levels and groups are:
1 New to triathlon and beginners - accommodating people in try-a-tri and sprint distances
- TriMuskokan - June 25 - try a tri and short course
- Barrie - August 13 - sprint
- Orillia - August 20 - try a tri and sprint
2 Experienced Triathletes - for people who want to move up to a new distance and/or learn with other and more experienced triathletes.
- Olympic - July 15 - Gravenhurst
- Half - Muskoka 70.3 in July 9
- Half - Barrelman in September 17
- Full - Tremblant - August 20 Since we know at least a few Baydogs have signed up for this race, we want to offer the opportunity to hook up with people who have completed Tremblant - depends on numbers and interest.
If there is a need to adjust the categories to accommodate applicant requests we will do so as much as possible.
We are also offering 1:1 mentoring for those that prefer an individual learning environment.
We will cover all the details of the program during the Mentoring Orientation on Thursday, March 2nd from 6:30-8:30pm.
- Laurie Hunt
- Wes Ollson
- Michelle Rumney