Baydogs Athlete Sponsorship Program Application Form is now CLOSED for 2017
Welcome to the inaugural Baydogs Athlete Sponsorship Program (BASP) set up in 2017 with the goal of providing financial support for up to 5 youth / junior development athletes or full time college/university students. Each individual award will be a maximum of $100 and can be used to purchase a Baydogs Full Membership (16+) or contribute money toward a specific race entry fee.
2017 Awards Recipients - Click Here
Requirements for consideration:
- Youth / junior athletes must be aged 10-19
- College / University students - must be enrolled FULL TIME at an accredited institution
- Athletes must be at least 16 years of age to benefit from the Baydogs Membership, as 16 is the minimum age currently to join the Club
- Race entries supported should involve at least swimming, biking, or running...or any combination of the 3
- Athletes will be required to write a short paragraph (max 500 words) on how the Baydogs Athlete Sponsorship Program will help them to achieve their 2017 goals
- Athletes will have the option of allowing the Club to publish their name as a recipient of the Athlete Sponsorship Program on our Facebook page, Twitter account, website, and newsletter. You can opt in on the attached form, but not mandatory
- Athletes will have the option of allowing the Club to share their story on how the Baydogs Athlete Sponsorship Program will help them to achieve their 2017 goals. You can opt in on the attached form, but not mandatory
- Athletes under the Age of 18 - we will contact your parent or guardian to obtain acknowledgement of the support request and permission to publish your name / story
- Only one award per individual (Membership or race fee)
- Athletes must be a resident of Simcoe County
- Age is calculated as of December 31
- The Barrie Baydogs Board of Directors will be reviewing all Applications and will make the selections
- Unless you agree to have your name and/or story published, all stories will be kept confidential to Board Members only.
If you have any questions about the program, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.