The Barrie Baydogs are pleased to announce this year’s award recipients for the inaugural Baydogs Athlete sponsorship Program (BASP). Congratulations Jordi and John, and good luck in your races in 2017!
Jordi Vilchez – Award $90
- 11 year old Barrie resident and son of Baydogs member Carlos Vilchez
- Member of the Barrie Trojans swim team
- Jordi is the fastest 10 year old swimmer in the country in a handful of events and top 10 in all events. He also has broken 21 Barrie Trojans Swim Club records since he started swimming
- Reached podium in a dozen of Kids triathlons since age of 7
- A well-rounded athlete who has the love for all sports from table tennis, to basketball and soccer
- Jordi realizes how expensive it can be for his parents to support his athletic pursuits, and is extremely excited to receive this sponsorship from the Baydogs
- Jordi will be competing in the Muskoka Kids Triathlon & the Barrie Triathlon to test his fitness in 2017, both entries funded by the Club
John Breeson – Award $89
- John is a Baydogs member and Full time massage therapy student
- New triathlete with big goals for 2017, and would like to do a sub 1:15 sprint triathlon by the end of the season
- John is also part of the Baydogs mentoring program this year
- His training is going very well and plans to attend all the TT sessions once they start in May. He is also looking forward to the transition clinic and open water swim clinics later this year
- John’s race calendar is filling up, including the Guelph Lake 1 sprint triathlon and the Gravenhurst sprint triathlon. He also signed up for the MEC Running Series and Spin The Lakes bike tour
- The Baydogs have paid for John’s entry fee in the 2017 Wasaga Beach sprint triathlon at the end of the season so John can gauge how much he has improved during the year and hopefully go sub 1:15!